Back in the Saddle

Hello friends, and Happy New Year!

First of all, I apologize for my long hiatus. As I said in my last post, I was feeling uninspired after the tragedy at Sandy Hook. After that, there was the holidays and all of the chaos that goes with them, plus traveling, holiday parties and prepping for our trip to Europe...etc etc.

All of that said, I'm back, refreshed and rejuvenated!

As I said, my husband and I just returned from a 12-day sprint through Europe. You may think I'm kidding, but we seriously covered 6 countries and 16 cities. It was an amazing whirlwind and I promise, I will tell you all about each and every place, including must-sees, must-dos, and a few funny stories. Especially one that involved duck liver.

But. those will come next week. For now, I just wanted to drop a quick 'hello!' and leave you with some photos from our holidays with the family. I spent a lovely week back home in Iowa and got to spend some great quality time with both of my nieces, my in-laws, my family and my friends.

I hope everyone had a happy holiday and New Year!

 Sloan Elizabeth was very happy to see me upon arrival in Iowa.

 I came a day early to avoid this blizzard!

 Which meant I got to work from home with this little helper for a few days.

 My little sister and step-mom both celebrated birthdays over the holidays. This is me and my beautiful Mama at their bday dinner.
 
 Little sister convinced us all to go out after dinner. She's 22.
 
 Making Christmas cookies is a favorite tradition. This year we had my sister-in-law and niece come over and join us!

 Goofy niece, Aly.

 Finished products!

 Happy Puppy!

 Christmas Eve, with Mama and sisters!

 Love this chick :)


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! You know, just an hour or so ago, I was thinking, I wonder where Rachel is! Glad to see you had a great holiday and trip to Europe! I look forward to your stories!

    PS: cute little ladies there!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!