Sunday Social: Holiday Edition

I'm being a lazy blogger today. And a lazy person in general. I'm too tired to put much thought into anything, so I'm linking up with Neely and Ashley. They're talking holidays, which I'm all about.

Sunday Social

1. Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is obviously the best movie ever. It's a holiday favorite and an all-time favorite. Other favorites include Love Actually, Home Alone and Elf. Side note: I spent the better part of today watching holiday movies on Lifetime, and remembered one movie from childhood that my sister and I loved: A Mom for Christmas, starring Olivia Newton-John and Doris Roberts. Anyone?  
 

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays, if so what? If not, what would you do? No volunteering, sadly, but my company sponsors a family in need each holiday season, and I always contribute. This year, my team went in on a gift of kitchen utensils.

3. Favorite toy received as a child for the Holidays? Oh man. I got the COOLEST dollhouse from Santa. I will never forget coming down on Christmas morning and it was all set up, with dolls, accessories, the works. It came with everything from a maid, to flower pots for the porch, bathtubs, and a convertible car. I had just about every room and all of the people. It was a go-to activity for my friends and I for years. Mom has it now, and I hear they go for a ton of money on Ebay - like $500! I just spent a solid hour looking for the make/model/pictures. It was a Playmobile Victorian Mansion Dollhouse 5305. AMAZEBALLS.  Ah, memories.
 
 
4. What was your must have item in high school for the Holidays? Hmmm. I think most of these had to do with phones. I want to say that my sister and I got our own phone line one year for Christmas, and I'm sure my first cell phone was a Christmas gift, too. All I cared about in high school was looking cute and talking on the phone, so...clothes and phones.

5. Item you begged for the most and never got?
I've gotta say, Santa has always been pretty good to me. But I do recall asking for one of those power wheels jeeps. I never got one. My 4-year-old niece is getting an Escalade this year. Times have changed!

6. What do you do on Christmas Eve? Christmas Eve is the best. My family eats a traditional meal of homemade spaghetti. My mouth is watering as I type. When we were younger, after dinner we got to choose one gift under the tree to open, usually from our aunts and uncles. Now that we're all older, opening gifts on Christmas Eve isn't a constant. Then we all go to midnight mass! It's getting harder to stay awake as the years pass. (I can't figure out if it's from the food or the wine.) Now that Bryan and I married, we usually spend the first part of the day with Bryan's family, eating appetizers and a lite lunch. Then we open gifts with his parents, sister and niece. For the past couple of years, they have joined us for Christmas Eve dinner, which has been fabulous!

That's it for me tonight, although I will admit that now I'm even more excited to go home for Christmas on the 20th!


2 comments:

  1. Lovin' your blog, Rachel!:)


    Sarah
    @loveeesarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! See more details here: http://designerinteal.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!