Silence

As you've probably noticed, I haven't been blogging. After the tragedy last Friday, I find myself unmotivated to write and quite frankly, at a loss for words as to what I could possibly write that anyone would care about.

27 people are dead. No one cares about my rants, raves or revelations.

Kelly Ripa said something yesterday that resonated with me. She said, "As a parent, I don't expect much, but I expect to be able to take my children to school and for them to come home at the end of the day."

Isn't that what we all expect? When we get off the phone, or say goodbye to someone, it's done with the expectation that we'll have another opportunity to say "hello" again. I just cannot fathom what those parents went through as they waited in that firehouse for news that they would not get that opportunity with their precious children again.

So, for now, I'm going to continue my code of silence and I'll be back when I feel it's appropriate.

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Rachel D'Avino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, 47
Jesse Lewis, 6
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Mary Sherlach, 56
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Victoria Soto, 27
Daniel Barden, 7
Josephine Gay, 7
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
James Mattioli, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6.
 
 Credit: Living in Yellow
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!