Week 18 || Bumpdate

Originally written on July 23, 2014

How far along: 18 weeks! Where is time going?

Baby's size: Sweet Potato. About 5.6 inches inches and 7 oz!

Baby's progress: Baby F has lots going on! It's hiccuping, yawning, swallowing and sucking in there, not to mention lots of moving around. Baby can hear me, as it's ears are fully formed. He or she also has its very own set of fingerprints! 

Weight gain: 11 lbs and counting...

Stretch marks: None yet! Thanks Burt's Bees Mama Bee!

Sleep: Good! I'm not overly tired but am sleeping 8-10 hours a night. My problem now seems to be shutting off my brain when I wake up. Immediately I start thinking about EVERYTHING and can't go back to sleep. I also started sleeping with a Snoogle and while my hubby complains about its size, I L-O-V-E it. 

Gender: The countdown is on...12 days!

Movement: FINALLY, I felt the baby move for the first time this week! I have an anterior placenta, which means it can be harder to feel movements, so I was SUPER excited to feel this. It felt like two quick little pops on my left side. I felt it again the next day but none since. 

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move. It made everything so real and it was truly amazing. I can't wait for Bryan to feel something, too. Feeling the baby made me realize it's just the two of us in this body of mine, which is kind of awesome when you stop to think about it!

Looking forward to: Feeling more movements in the coming weeks and finding out if Baby F is a boy or girl!

Food cravings: Still loving fruit and sweets like ice cream. Graham crackers dipped in frosting and bagels! YUM. Oh, and cheese.

Weirdest food I ate this week: It's not a weird food, but I put down basically an entire block of cheese the other day. Oops.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Labor signs: Another negative. 

Symptoms: Still thanking my lucky stars that I feel great. I've been getting some belly pains from my ever-growing uterus (which is apparently the size of a cantaloupe) and experiencing minor back aches and restless leg syndrome

Workouts: Still making it 3-5 times a week, thanks to not having a job, I don't really have an excuse not to. 30-40 minutes of cardio plus strength training when I'm up for it. 

What I miss: Still missing my wine. I have indulged in a glass here and there but having just one is not quite the same as being able to have as much as I want! :) I also miss not feeling fat.

Things that suck: Not having a job + being pregnant = stress for mama. 

Things that don't suck: Being so close to halfway done! Although it makes me super anxious, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!