Hurry Up and Wait

Did you know every day feels like Friday when you don't have a job?

Warning: Originally, I wanted to name this blog "Rants, Raves & Revelations," but it was too long, so I went with "Raves & Revelations." I wanted to include "Rants" for a reason, and that's because it's not always sunshine and rainbows over here in my little corner of the Internet. I do my best to stay positive and keep positive, because I think negativity is a waste of energy. But, it's hard sometimes in the face of stress and adversity.

I'm no longer with my former company. And though I was offered a role for my dream job at a different company, unfortunately, it fell through. I don't understand why, and I'm hopeful something will work out with that company in the future, but in the meantime, I find myself going on three weeks unemployed. And it's rough.

It's tough not to worry and stress about money knowing that we are only on my husband's income. I hate not going to a job every day and doing something with my time. I spend all day, every day, searching and applying for jobs, reaching out to my network, or seeking freelance work. I've applied for COUNTLESS positions and have yet to hear anything. I customize my resume for each job, I write a kick ass cover letter and I take the time to find the hiring managers so I can send my application directly to an inbox, instead of a black hole. Still, nothing.

I consider myself a humble person in general, but when it comes to my skills and work ethic, I know this: I kick ass. I am passionate about my work and can get behind any project or subject you put in front in me. I love telling stories that let people connect with something, whether it's a product or a brand or a project across the world. I am a hard worker and a good worker, and a fast learner. I am organized to a fault. I can project manage the shit out of something, and still do most of the work myself. I am creative and witty, and the queen of puns. I can do almost any job, given my diverse background in writing, editing, content strategy, social media, website development, brand development and editorial management, to name a few. To this point, I have been rejected for just one job and that opportunity eventually made itself back to me (see dream job from above). It's that feeling of, if I could just get a conversation with someone about this job, I know I could do it, and they would love me.

The problem is getting the conversation.

Anyway. I apologize for the rant and the pity party. It's just been a trying few weeks and it feels good to vent a little bit to someone other than my husband.

Back to it. Happy Friday, everyone, and I hope you all have great weekends!

4 comments:

  1. I understand the job hunt. It sucks. You'll find something, it'll just take time. Stick with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dream job should get a glance at this post because it's awesome and I'm sure they'd hire you in a second! Hoping something comes your way soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to apologize!! I was stuck in a job I despised for so long and was on the job hunt for 8 months. I went to 20 interviews and applied to hundreds of jobs. Why am I telling you this this isn't helpful. You can do it!! And at the end I landed my dream job!!! It will work out. I'll pray for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently job hunting too. It is the worst. I hate putting so much time into applying places when half of the time you never even hear back from them! Definitely a sucky position.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!