Weekend Update: Going Back to Cali

It seems all I can seem to muster out of my blogs these days (weeks) are weekend updates. And so far, I'm two weekends behind. I'm on the tail-end of another exhausting, yet fun weekend that was our "summer finale." This weekend basically capped off 8 weeks of non-stop traveling and just "stuff." Don't get me wrong, it's been a blast...but I'm tired. I mean, I've taken 6 naps in the past 3 days and I NEVER NAP.

In any case, tonight's blog will be a quick recap of our "impromptu" weekend in L.A. But not before I comment really quick on extremely effed up Miley Cyrus is. Why is Robin Thicke having her ruin his sexiness?

OK. Now that we covered that....as I said a few weeks ago, we scheduled a rather last minute trip out to LA LA land to visit my girl Ashley and her boyfriend, Rob. (Cross one off my 30 before 30!) They live right on the beach in Santa Monica and were nice enough to let us shack up for the weekend. The weekend was filled with sunshine, laughter, good conversation, delicious food and, what else? Champs.

One highlight from the weekend? I saw the bachelorette and her fiance, Chris! It just occurred to me that I never recapped the finale, but there's no need now, is there? In any case, I went to brunch with Bryan and Rob in Venice Beach while Ash was at work, and low and behold, right in my eyeline was Des and Chris! Bryan and Rob were the worst two people to have with me, since they of course, could care less. I snapped several photos while Bryan yelled at me for being a stalker, and I could not take my eyes off them throughout my meal. They were cute together, I will say...but Chris was on his phone the. entire. meal. Like, while he was eating. She chatted up her friend the whole time, so she didn't seem too concerned, but I did find it weird. No, I did not talk to them. (I'm not THAT stalkerish). But it was pretty exciting for me, nonetheless.


No other celebrity sightings the rest of the weekend. Here's what went on instead:
The rest of the day in Venice. A skateboard of beer, SnapChat headquarters and the cutest little Toms you have ever seen. Of course I bought some for my little.
Delicious dinner, plus some selfies with Kinzie, Ash & Rob's pup!
Saturday, we went to Malibu Wines. It was an amazing place in the Malibu Hills, where you brought your own food and listened to live music, and drank wine. I was so in my happy place.

Like I said...my happy place.

Saturday night after dinner, we went to an art gallery and tried to recreate it. Typical.

Ashley's boyfriend is literally 1.5 feet taller than me.

And just like that, it was time to go home! Love you, Ash, can't wait for September!

PS (Ummm....just got done gawking at Justin Timberlake/NSYNC's performance. No words. I reiterate that he and JAY-Z were the best concert I've ever seen. )

Mingle 240

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend, great trip, great photos! California is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool you got to see Des! Love California, so happy to call it home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of dog do Ash and Rob have? its soooo cute.
    PS- I was in aw of JT last night- couldn't believe I saw him live!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through Mingle Monday Link Up. Was busy last month due to sister's marriage so was not regular in blogging, but now will regular and waiting for your next post.

    my blog: wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have totally freaked out if I saw Des and Chris. And Malibu wines looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!