30 Before 30

As we learned in September when I turned 29, I am a birthday snob. If I could celebrate my birthday every day, I would. Obviously, my next birthday will be celebrating the big 3-0. The dirty 30, if you will.
someecards.com - Happy Anniversary of Your 29th Birthday.

I'm actually OK with turning 30. There seems to be a stigma around it, like it's SO much older than 29, and I get it—I just don't feel that way. I have loved my 20s—LOVED THEM. But I'm OK with getting older. At 29, I have a stable career that I enjoy, a husband I adore, friends I can't live without. I have all of my family within a 3-hour radius, I'm healthy. There's nothing I feel like I "haven't done" in my 20s that I'm losing my opportunity to do, but I do have some things I'd like to cross of the list.

All this to say, I have been meaning to put this post together for awhile (like since September) but it's taken me awhile compile the following list: 30 Things to Achieve Before I Turn 30.

Some are big, some are small, some are more important than others. Also, since I've been working on this list for awhile now, I'm able to cross some off already :)

1. Complete a Tough Mudder  (Check it out!)
2. Lose 5 pounds
3. Read 50 books
4. Start writing my own book
5. Reach 250 blog followers
6. Get a promotion
7. Pay off all debt except mortgage
8. Pay for someone's meal anonymously
9. Travel to 5 new places 
(I completed this goal in Europe, but plan for several more trips before September!)
10. Eat something I'd never normally order
(Also achieved in Europe when I tried duck & veal liver. As in, the livers of both. Post to come.)
11. Host a party
12. Be featured on Taylor's The Browse Blog
13. Redesign the blog
14. Be nominated for a Rock Star award at my company
15. Drink beer in Belgium (See here!)
16. Go to Green Bay Packer's game
17. Visit Ashley in California
18. Throw an amazing bachelorette party for my bestie!
19. Go to 3 concerts
20. Cook 3-4 times per week
21. Get a massage
22. Paint something (post to come!)
23. Make 2 new friends
24. Drink wine in wine country
25. Meet at least 2 bloggers in person
26. Don't drink Diet Coke for a month 
(in progress. Thanks, Lent!)
27. Disconnect from all social media for a weekend
28. Send one card to someone at least once/month, just because
29. Buy new living room furniture
30. Babies! (Technically, I want this to happen after 30...)

There you have it. Thirty things to keep me busy for the next 6 months! Can I do it?!














6 comments:

  1. Great list! And you definitely deserve to be a Rock Star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I recently found your blog and I love your posts! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award :) You can check it out here http://kellymaeblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html I hope you have a great day! kellymaeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one follower closer now :-) I want to make a few new friends, too!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 30 before 30 too. It feels incredible to cross things off :) I'll help you with another new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! I need to make a 30 before 30...such a great way to go about setting/achieving goals (big AND small!).

    Newest follower...you are SO cute! Love your blog :)

    Brittany
    funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!