Pretty Little Cupcakes

If you haven't noticed, I don't post a lot of recipes on this blog, unless they are super easy. Hence, why I'm posting this today.

I'm working with new client at work who makes Betty Crocker and Cake Mate decorating supplies (icing, frosting, sprinkles, cupcake liners, etc). Recently, we asked them to send us some product so we could have it on hand for photo shoots, etc. This is what we got:


That, my friends, is 200 pounds of baking products. I have no idea why they sent so much, but there it is. To try out some of the products, I went "shopping" and went home to make some birthday cupcakes for my friend. Here was my inspiration:

(I found this in a cookbook and don't know the name of the recipe! I'll update later with a link.)

Now, I am many things in life, but a baker I am not. I know better than to try to make cake batter from scratch, so I made things easier (and tastier) by grabbing a box of Betty Crocker Confetti Cake Mix.

Here's what you need:
White Cake Mix
Cupcake Frosting
Vegetable Oil
Eggs
Sprinkles
Betty Crocker Neon Gels
Cupcake Liners
Cupcake Pan

First, make the cake mix according to directions.


Next, separate the cake batter among 4-5 different bowls, depending on how many colors you want. 


Now it's time to make the colors. Using your Neon gels, squirt the desired amount of gel into the cake batter, and stir until you achieve the desired color. 


Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners of your chose. Then spoon each liner with whichever color you want to be on the bottom. Spoon the next color batter on top of that, and so on, until you've used all colors. 
Bake according to cake mix instructions. This is what mine looked like when they came out:


Let the cupcakes cool completely. Then frost and decorate! Easy peasy!



Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I always want to make them but I am afraid that they will turn out bad so I am glad that you got it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing! I am jealous of your job- I would love to get 200 lbs of baking supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious that you got 200 pounds of baking supplies! That would be a dream come true for me, ha ha! I love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nom nom... I made those for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried one-they were soooooo good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how awesome - I would have been in cupcake/cake baking and decorating heaven! So fun and your results look great and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!