Sunday Social, Volume 2

Hey ya'll! First, let me say I'm so sorry I've been MIA this week. As I said at the beginning of last week, it was a busy one with work and family coming to town...only to be interrupted by a bout of the stomach flu on Thursday.

Let me just say, the stomach flu is the absolute pits. There is nothing worse than that feeling you get right before you puke—you know the one, where your mouth starts watering, you get super hot and then you cough? Ugh. Also, when I get sick, I get really sick. We're talking vomiting every 15 minutes, sleeping on the bathroom floor, eating crackers just so I have something to throw up kind of sick. Thankfully, it went as quickly as it came, but it couldn't have had worse timing. Oh well. I'm also not looking forward to cleaning my shower, which is where the flu hit me on Thursday morning.

If I haven't totally grossed you out by now and you're still reading, you'll be happy to know I was able to enjoy my weekend after all, celebrating my cousin's wedding and spending lots of great time with my family. I'll write an update for you tomorrow complete with photos. I've also got to tell you about our Euro trip we just booked!

For now, I'm doing something I haven't done in awhile, which is linking up with Ashley's Carnival Ride and A Complete Waste of Makeup for Sunday Social!

P.S: Is it  just me, or is today the longest day ever? It feels like it's 11:30pm, even though it's only 7:30pm. Thanks, Daylight Savings.

P.P.S: I'm watching Troop Beverly Hills right now. Best. Movie. Ever.


Sunday Social

What is currently on your wish list?
Winning the lottery. But in more feasible wishes, I am wishing hard for some new living room furniture, complete with a new coffee table and end tables. And pillow covers. And bedding.

Share a new app you have recently discovered that we all need.
It's not new, but I love the Nike Training app. It's chock full of workouts based on your goals - whether you want to get lean, toned, strong or focused - and then you can choose based on the areas you want to target. I should really utilize it more...

What is a new Fall TV show you have added to your DVR?
Nashville! Love this new show. It has all the ingredients it needs to be a success: sex, scandal, country music and Connie Britton. I also just started watching Homeland this fall and O.M.G. It's amaze.

Share your Social Media links for us to follow you on. Tell us which is your favorite and why?
You can find me on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. I love all of these sites for different reasons, but I think Pinterest and Instagram are my faves. Pinterest is so much fun to poke around for hours and you can find ANYTHING you're looking for. Instagram is a fun way to document life through photos. I find myself looking at things and thinking to myself, "that would be an awesome Instagram!" My husband makes incessant fun of me for this.


What is a TV show, movie or song you could listen to or watch over and over and over and never get tired of…feel free to name one of each. 
Hmm, this is a toughie. In terms of TV shows, Friends is easily one of my favorite shows and I could watch reruns all day long. Especially this episode (it's not letting me embed, but here's a hint: I'm FINE!): http://youtu.be/2V9aNcMLOEE. 

Movies, Karate Kid (the original) is my favorite movie ever. Especially the montage with Joe Esposito "You're the Best Around." You're welcome. In the same vein, I love Christmas Vacation - we watch it over and over during the holidays at our house. A couple of other favorites include Troop Beverly Hills (noted above), Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Beaches.


That's all I got. How were all of your weekends?

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from the link up & new follower! I am TOTALLY the same about FRIENDS! I still laugh at the same parts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!