Saw It. Pinned It. Did It: Goat Cheese with Pistachios & Cranberries

I love this link up. I get to peruse other people's awesome craftiness, and I don't feel as inadequate about certain aspects of my life because I have something to contribute!

OK, OK. So my pin re-lived was another no-bake recipe. Shoot me. But, in my defense, it was for the holidays and I needed something I could bring to three different places (one for each, of course). I needed something delicious, quick to make and easy to transport.

As soon as I saw this Goat Cheese with Pistachios and Cranberries recipe on RealSimple.com, I pinned that ish to my food board and went straight to the store.


                                                              Original Source


Here's what you need:
  • 2  tablespoons roasted pistachios, chopped
  • 2  tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
  • 8- to 10-ounce log fresh goat cheese
  • crackers or bread, for serving
I opted for Trader Joe's to find my ingredients. I knew they sell just the pistachio nutmeats, which meant no shelling for this girl. Let's just get to the good stuff! (Although, anyone else like to suck on the shells? Ummm....) I also chose a Chevre Honey log, rather than just "regular" goat cheese.

Here's what you do:

1. To chop the pistachios and cranberries, use a food processor. Or, put pistachios into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to chop to desired consistency. Then just use a knife to chop up the berries.

 
 2. On a large plate, combine the pistachios and cranberries.

  
3. Roll the goat cheese in the fruit-and-nut mixture to coat. If neccessary, pat the mixture into any holes until covered. Serve with the crackers or bread.

And there you have it! The second easiest no-bake recipe ever to bring to your holiday party!



Now go join in the fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!