Week 31 || Bumpdate


Baby's size: A pineapple. He should be around 17-18 inches and weighing more than 3 lbs! I wonder how much taller he'll get? Here's hoping he gets his dad's tall genes!

Baby's progress: His skin is starting to smooth out and he's getting all those wrinkles in his continually-developing brain. All five of his senses are working now, and he's pretty close to his birth length, but will continue to pack on the pounds! He continues to be super active as he grows and space diminishes! 

Weight gain: 35 lbs so far. 

Sleep: This just became a problem this week. Why? I can't get comfortable and once I do, I inevitably have to go to the bathroom. This repeats at least 4-5 times through the night. Other times, I'm up with anxiety. Last night? Woke up with blood pouring out of my nose. The joys!

Movement: So much movement! Kid seriously never sleeps in there...or so it seems. He's doing a lot of rolling and relocating these days! It's so strange and amazing to see my entire stomach ripple, or feel an entire foot through my skin. I do love it though!

Best moment this week: We had our second baby shower over the weekend, hosted by my dear girlfriends, Ashley, Kate and Sara. Ashley flew all the way in from CA to host. It was an intimate gathering of my favorite ladies here in the city and I loved every second. Details to come in a post soon! I also put together our car seat and stroller. Shit's gettin' real!

Looking forward to: Our nursery furniture should be getting delivered any time this week! Can't wait to get to serious work on the nursery and start nesting/preparing for baby! I also have some purchases coming my way from Etsy and Land of Nod, which I'm super excited about!

Symptoms: It feels like I live on the toilet, I have to pee so often. Carpal tunnel is still out the wazoo. It's normal for me to just not feel my pinky and ring finger on my left hand. Swelling is starting to ramp up and then there's the sleeping issue. Other than that...can't complain. (Really though, I'm trying not to complain. It's only going to get worse.)

Food cravings: I needed to have peanut butter and jelly a few times this week. Super weird..and delicious.

Workouts: Not last week. This week, I've been going on long walks with Addy and I'm going to the real gym today!

What I miss: Feeling smart. Pregnancy brain is real, folks, and I hate feeling like I don't have my shit in order. I also miss working out if you can believe it. Like REALLY working out, working up a sweat, getting my heart rate up, etc. And feeling like I can breathe is a long lost memory, too...

Things that suck: I'm a little sick of having to heave and ho myself up from anywhere...sitting, laying, even going to the bathroom. Getting up is such an effort. 

Things that don't suck: Being spoiled. I seriously love baby showers. It's incredible how many people already love our little baby and he's not even here yet. I am continually humbled by everyone's generosity!



1 comment:

  1. You look amazing. I love baby showers, too.....nothing better than celebrating the life of a new little one on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!