A Storybook Baby Shower: The Details

Happy Tuesday!

I'm still getting caught up on weekend updates, but I just can't wait to share the details of our baby shower last weekend.

My best friend Ashley flew all the way in from California to throw us a shower, with the help of to my other best friends, Kate and Sara, who live here in Chicago. These ladies all put so much thought, labor and love into the event and I am so grateful to them!


The theme was a surprise to me, so when I arrived at the shower and saw that it was storybook, I was so excited. They chose the theme based on the fact that I love to write and read. Obviously books will be a huge hobby for me and babe.

They had food to match the books, which were part of the decor. For example, the book "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" came with sushi and "Rainbow Fish" came with Rainbow Goldfish. The best part was I got to keep all the books to help build our baby boy's library!


The guest list was many of my close girlfriends who live here in the city. I realized at the shower that I know them all from previous jobs. I really have been so lucky to meet such great people through work and to have stayed friends with them. It was nice to have such an intimate group of ladies who I knew I could just relax and be myself around!



The whole afternoon was so enjoyable thanks to my wonderful hostesses. They didn't miss a detail! For all the scoop on how the shower came together, check out Kate's blog.






To my hostesses and guests, thank you for loving me and our baby boy so much already! We are both so lucky to have you!

The best part of the whole weekend was just spending time with my Ashley! Bryan was out of town, so we spent lots of quality girl time just hanging out. We ate dinners in, slept in, stayed up chatting (as late as 11pm...party animals!) and just enjoyed each other. 


Love you, Ash!

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad you enjoyed your shower/weekend and got some quality BFF time in with Ashley! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!