Week 14 || Bump Date

Man, I have a lot to catch you up on, both about my pregnancy and not. I've been pretty bummed out the past week due to some things going on with work. I can't get into the details right now, so all I'll say is that I'm currently jobless. And I'm super stressed about it due to the fact that, you know, there's a baby inside of me that according to the books, will cost an average of $234,000 over the next 18 years. 

Anyway, I don't know about you, but I need to think about something positive and there's nothing more positive in my life right now than our little peanut. I've been so excited to write my first "bump" post. I've gone back and forth on whether or not post bump pictures, and finally landed on "screw it." (That means bump pictures it is.)




I mentioned that I've felt awesome during my pregnancy so far. So much like my "normal" self, in fact, that I start freaking out that something is wrong. Sure, I had some symptoms, but even now that I've entered second trimester, I'm still not really showing. For me, I have so much going on emotionally and on the inside, I just want that all to reflect on the outside somehow. Of course, in my mind, I look super pregnant but then you look at photos and...I'm bigger but certainly not looking that large. In fact, if you don't know me, you'd likely just think I was a little pudgy. I'm sure in several weeks I will be eating my words and wishing to be smaller, but for now...gimme that bump!



Here's my 14-week update on what's going on with Baby F!

How far along: 14 weeks! Second trimester, baby!

Baby's size: Lemon. About 3 inches and 1.5 ounces!

Baby's progress: Baby F is becoming more fluid like in its movements, rather than jerking. It's got a roof on its mouth and its intestines are working. Baby is also sucking its thumb, wiggling its toes, squinting, grimacing and producing urine! It's also growing a thin coat of hair to keep it warm until it starts getting some meat on the bones!

Weight gain: I'm not positive where I was before I got pregnant, but based on my estimations, I've gained about 8 lbs.

Stretch marks: None yet! I've been slathering on Burt's Bees Mama Bee on my tummy, boobs, butt and thighs.

Sleep: Getting better. I've been going to bed early (for me) and I'm able to sleep through the night without the frequent potty breaks of 1st trimester, but I wake up EARLY with a full bladder and can't always get back to sleep.

Gender: Find out on August 5!!

Movement: None yet. Looking forward to those first flutters that everyone says happen, maybe as early as 16 weeks!

Best moment this week: It's been a rough week, but I spent a long weekend at home at Sloan kissed my belly out of nowhere one night. She's so sweet!

Looking forward to: Going to Nashville next week for the 4th of July! I'm pregnant with 2 of my besties, so it will be fun to be together!

Food cravings: Nothing really...another symptom I look forward to. I've been loving fruit of all kinds - watermelon, grapes and stone fruits, most recently. Carbs are my best friend, too!

Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing comes to mind?

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not yet!

Labor signs: Let's hope not for a long while...

Symptoms: Pretty tame over here...my energy is coming back and my boobs are less sore. Still having some killer headaches and I have to pee all the time. 

Workouts: One down this week, a couple more to time. Been averaging 3-4 times most good weeks!

What I miss: WINE. As much wine as I want whenever I want. Not having to think about everything I'm putting in my body. Not having to pee 1,000 times a day.

Things that suck: Not having a job + being pregnant = stress for mama. Not good for baby!

Things that don't suck: Being pregnant with friends! Aimee is due in August, Annie is due in September, Britt in November, and me in December!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to be pregnant with your friends! Sorry to hear about your job :( I hope you find something soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!