Taco Spas & Poopy Flaws

Hey, Bachelor, can we be done with the annoying "cliffhangers" that don't actually end in anything exciting happening ? K thanks bye!

We start this week with Vanessa confronting Nick about if he wants a fuck buddy or a wife (valid), the girls threatening to go home if Corinne stays, and...Corrine is napping.

Nick responds to Vanessa's bad-assness by pulling a classic Bachelor move and assuring Vanessa he respects her concerns because he's been in her position. So...in other words, "Let's talk about great you are, and continue to avoid talking about how I'm a man whore."


Sarah and Taylor wake Corrine up from her cheesy pasta dreams to tell her that Bouncy House Gate 2016 makes her come off as "entitled." Which, of course, Corrine—a gorgeous, rich, white, blonde 24-year old with a nanny—insists she is not. Maybe I'm feeling a little sensitive from all craziness flying around the Internet about #notmymarch or what have you. But Corinne, girl...YOU'RE the definition of ENTITLED.

Rose ceremony time, and roses go to Raven, Taylor, Whitney (???), Kristina, Jasmine, Alexis, Astrid (????), Danielle M., Jaimi (????), Josphine (????), Sarah (???) and … Corinne. Of course, Corrine gets the "punishment" rose. You know the one...the one that is supposed to warn the girl that she's skating on thin ice, and that makes all the other girls with roses seethe and makes the ones who didn't get roses cry, because...if Nick could like HER more than ME, than I don't know what he's looking for! And of course, none of the girls who threatened to leave, do.

The next morning, Chris tells the girls that the time has come...they're finally going to travel the world with Nick! Their first worldly adventure? MILWAUKEE. wamp wamp. I love seeing the girls' reactions when they get stuck with a low-budget destination. I wonder how many takes they had to do before the girls actually seemed excited? (I can say these things. I was born in Wisconsin.)

Nick meets up with his parents, who basically tell him that this better be the last fucking time they have to show up on national TV to humiliate their family and exploit their 11-year-old daughter while he gets laid and plays Prince Charming.

Nick welcomes the ladies to his hometown and whisks Danielle L. away for a one-on-one. Said date basically consisted of Nick walking her around town showing her all the places he's made out with people before they totally casually ran into one of his exes! (Who just happened to be sitting in the window and happened to be wearing a microphone.)  She tells Danielle to be careful because if Nick doesn't feel it, he's out. At first I was like, why would Danielle listen to someone who only dated Nick for 3 months? Then I realized that if Danielle ends up with a ring on her finger at the end, she will have "dated" him less time than that, so...there's that.


Night portion of the date is depressing while Nick and Danielle talk about divorce and her hesitation of getting married. (Not sure that's the right card to play on a dating show that ideally ends in engagement?)

Also...who is Chris Lang (Lane?), and why was he on Nick's bucket list? Also, kudos to poor Danielle, who had to endure "the time of her life" awkwardly dancing in front of a crowd not once, but TWICE? She probably got a rose for that, alone. I'm almost willing to guarantee that she's in the final two, despite how much this date sucked.



Next is a group date where everyone except Danielle L and Raven go to a dairy farm, and it was quite literally a shit show. They feed some baby cows, shovel some "poopy" and milk some mama cows. Watching Nick handle that cow's teets was, like Jaimi said...pretty disappointing. Jaimi seemed to know her way around the nipple though, and I think that was ABC's attempt at a bisexual joke?

In any case, everyone partakes in these activities, except of course...Corrine. She had a "hand situation," which we later learn is a V SERIOUS issue and she almost had to go to the hospital for it. Wait what? Is this a condition we haven't heard about or is this typical Corrine who really just doesn't want to get cow shit on her designer shoes? I mean she wouldn't even make Raquel do farm chores. She'll make her literally do all other chores, but NOT farm chores.


Corrine lives in a warped version of reality. Farm chores are not the same as regular chores. Cheesy pasta is not the same as mac 'n cheese. Choreography is not the same as planned dancing.

So, let's pause and talk about Corrine as a "villain." Is she dumb? Yes. Entitled? Yes. Lacks self-awareness? 110%. Thinks she needs to exploit her sexuality to get a man? Clearly. But...what has she done, really, other than pass out cuz she's drunk all the time, act out producer-led stunts, not really give a shit and steal Nick multiple times in an evening?

Don't get me wrong - I don't LIKE Corrine, but we can't disagree that this season would be BORING if she wasn't here. We also can't deny that for some reason...Nick likes her.

And later, in the evening part of the date, Corrine tries to "confront" the girls and tells them if they have a problem, to bring it to her directly, and apologizes for taking naps in the most #sorrynotsorry way. The girls question how badly she really wants Nick given that she wouldn't LITERALLY shovel shit for him. Corrine immeds starts using her "serious hand situation" as an excuse for her lack of participation. Stop trying to give Nick so many handys, Corrine, and you might be able to shovel some more poopy.

And not to seem like I'm taking Corrine's side, but the girls' arguments of "We're worried you're not mature enough to marry a 36-year-old man" are NOT an argument! Especially coming from another 24-year-old. Like, why do you care? Same with her napping.  If anything, that works in favor of the other girls. I'm just saying, if Corrine asked me what my problem was with her, I'd bring up the stealing time, the bouncy house, the whip cream, or the fact that she's hammered all the time...actual rose-world problems.


This is also a good time to talk about all of the Corrine-isms this episode...
"Oh my god. Sorry guys, I napped. Michael Jordan took naps. Abraham Lincoln took naps. I took a nap." 
"I don't want to be on this group date. I want to be in a spa, being fed a nice taco. Preferably... chicken."
"I respect you for shoveling the poopy. I do. I really, really do. It takes a lot of courage, and a really blind sense of smell, to shovel that poopy. But I had a really serious hand situation, and I just couldn't shovel that poop."
"I'm a corn husk; you gotta pull all the layers back. And in the middle is this luxury, yellow corn. With all these pellets of information. And it's juicy, and buttery. You want to get to that corn."
"Taylor is like fake and nasty. So tonight I'm going to go punch her in the face."
Raven got the one-on-one date, and got to spend the day with Nick's family. Interesting choice to have Raven meet the parents. She hasn't been a standout to me at this point, but after this date, I enjoyed her. Her story about her cheating boyfriend? Amazing. But, it was super awkward when Nick's dad wouldn't stop staring at her and she wouldn't make eye contact.

Also super awkward, aside from the whole roller skating thing? How when Raven was talking about her ex situation, Nick kept grinning and looking off to the side and asking things like, "and then what?" It felt so off to me, like he was looking at a producer who was nodding in the background or something. Raven didn't notice...she got the rose.


Time for another cocktail party and another cliffhanger. This time, everyone gets mad at Danielle L for stealing Nick right away because she already has a rose. And by everyone, I mean Taylor.

So, I thought I liked Taylor. But after her choice in attire when having a 1-1 chat with Danielle M in the bathtub (why are you wearing a bikini soaking your feet in a bathtub?), my doubts started creeping in.

After stuffing her face with pigs in a blanket and champagne, Corrine decides tonight is the night she's going tell Taylor what she really thinks of her - which is that she's a "fake ass bitch." Who says that anymore? Taylor decides to psychoanalyzes Corrine instead of telling her all the real reasons she really sucks, and I have to say, I might be on Corinne's side in all of this. I think we'll find out next week when Taylor and Corrine go on a two-on-one date. I mean, they have to, right? We'll find out next week because Taylor literally. can't. even.


My top four remains:

4. Rachel
3. Corrine
2. Vanessa
1. Danielle L.

PS - we need more of Alexis than these clips at the end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!