Why I Said 'Yes' to Rodan + Fields

Happy Friday, everyone! First of all, thanks to my faithful readers for bearing with me the past few weeks as my blogs have slowed to a near halt. I've got so much going on at work that most days, I get home from work, spend time with Liam before he goes to bed, then hop back on the computer to do more work. I'm nearing the end of a massive project though, so I hope this lets up soon and I can have more time outside of work for ME!

Speaking of work - I shared at the beginning of the year that I made the decision to start my own business as a consultant for Rodan + Fields! I'm starting a skincare series, called Love the Skin You're In, in which I focus on the business, skin care issues, results...whatever comes up! My goal is not to sell you something. Just to educate you.

First, a little background on why I joined the company.

I started using Rodan  + Fields products as a Preferred Customer a couple of years ago to support my sister when she started as a consultant. I loved the products and the flexibility of being a preferred customer. Last year, while pregnant with her second baby, my sister was laid off. She was too far along in her pregnancy to have it make sense to look for a new job at that point, so she decided to wait until after the baby was born. In those months, she decided to really pursue Rodan + Fields and see if she could make it work as a significant source of income, as so many others do.

And then I started to actually see her success. She starting gaining more customers and business partners every day. And all she was doing was sharing with other people how awesome these products are! I started to see more and more people talking about the opportunity within this company, and I started asking questions about how this actually works.


Admittedly, I was skeptical. I didn't love the idea of using my personal social media channels and I was nervous about having to "sell" because I'm not a salesperson, and I had no idea who I would even sell to! Basically, I was scared.

But as I learned about the business model and company, I learned that R+F has less than a 1% return rate for all products, even with their 60-day money back guarantee. It's not being sold everywhere, which means there is so much room for growth, and the # of consultants is not high at all. You don't have inventory, or sales quotas. I could go on and on. But it all tied back to my own experience with the products. I knew that these products were life changing. I knew that they worked. My job would just be to share that with other people.


Plus, the reality is that bills are piling up, debt is not going away fast enough, we're trying to buy a new house this year, and I'd eventually love to be able to spend more time home with Liam and our other children, whenever they may come. So what did I have to lose?

I joined my sister as her Business Partner at the beginning of January. Within just a couple of weeks, I got my first promotion! I am not a salesperson, but it's addicting when you get that first order! 

The team I'm on is amazing and inspiring. There are women in my group who are $10 million achievers. TEN MILLION DOLLARS! There are other women who bring home thousands of dollars every MONTH, regularly. How's that for residual income? Every day I see these women signing business partners and getting "promoted" and sharing ideas on how to be successful and it's so inspiring.  And all I'm doing guys, is taking an hour or two out of each day to share how much I love these products.


This business is not a pyramid scheme. It is not a scam. I am not trying to get something FROM you, I am trying to do something FOR you. Early frustrations I've faced include comments like this from ignorant people, who are seeing things from other direct sales companies that do operate like that. I'm sure people are annoyed with my Facebook posts. I've heard "no" more than yes. A lot of people are put off by the price. (Which I find so interesting, given people's willingness to spend $150 on a pair of jeans or $50 on a mani/pedi. Those are temporary. This is your skin...you have it forever.) But I have seen first-hand that this business is a huge opportunity so I'm running with it! I don't do anything half-ass. If I start something, I will finish it, and damn it, I want results. This will be no different...success is mine for the taking.

I can't wait to tell you more each week, and get you as excited about skincare as I am! 

Have a great weekend friends!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I'm so glad you saw and see the potential and world of opportunity right before you! Obviously you're my sister 😉 Love you Chi Chi, congrats on making a life changing decision! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!