Liam Albert: {1 Month}

And just like that, you're one month old! These first few weeks have been the most exhausting, challenging and rewarding weeks of our lives. Most days we have no idea what we are doing, but somehow, we've made it this far and you're still alive. Not just alive, but growing! Thriving, actually! It's amazing, and so are you.


Stats
At your one month appointment, you weighed in at 10lbs, 6oz and were 21.5 inches long! Very impressive, considering our battle at the beginning.

Eyes
At one month old, your eyes are big and dark! We have no idea what color they will be, but are betting they will be brown, since my eyes are brown and your dad's are hazel.

Hair: You had a ton of hair when you were born! It's thinning a bit, but you still have a decent head of hair! I'm so happy you weren't a bald baby :)

Mean Muggin'
Likes
  • Baths: You finally got your first REAL bath at three weeks old (it took forever for your belly button to fall out. Don't worry, you got sponge baths before that). You loved it! You seemed so relaxed in the warm water. Dad gives you baths; it's your time to bond and I love watching you together.
  • Snuggling: You really like to be held! I love holding you chest to chest, or just curled up in the nook of my arm. I will never in my life get sick of your cuddles.
  • Eating: You are a chowhound and want to basically eat all of the time. Growing boy...
Dislikes
  • Missing out: You have been wide awake and alert since the day you were born. We joke that you don't like to go to sleep because you don't want to miss out. One second, you'll be fast asleep with your eyes closed and then the next minute we look at you and you're wide awake and staring, like, "What's up guys? What'd I miss?"
  • Tummy time: Enough said. 
  • Being swaddled. You hate not having access to your hands.
Sleeping
What is sleep? :) You're still figuring out your days and your nights, so sleep is pretty unpredictable at this point. We wake you up every three hours to eat during the day and let you wake us up during the night, which is usually every 2-3 hours. Except your first night home, when you were up every 45 minutes. I sincerely questioned my choice to be a mom that night! In any case, I think you are getting the hang of sleeping. Your dad is a rockstar and takes the "night shift." I feed you and go to sleep at the same time as you, usually between 10-11pm. Your dad stays up and feeds you your midnight-two a.m. bottle before coming to bed, so usually, I get a solid stretch of sleep before I have to wake up with you to eat again.



You're currently in our room, in your Rock 'N Play, but you sleep just about anywhere - in my arms is a favorite spot :)


Eating
You are a healthy eater! Obviously, given the 3 pound weight gain from your 1 week check-up. Any breastfeeding mama knows the pride I take in the fact that you are getting to be so healthy. I did that for you. It makes me feel like if I suck at everything else, at least I'm doing this one thing right.

In any case, you eat every 2-3 hours on the dot. You tend to cluster feed in the mornings and evenings. It's quite exhausting, but I know it's paying off.

Highlights
  • All of our family came to visit in the weeks after you born! You are a popular kiddo!
  • We celebrated Christmas with Gigi Mary
  • We went on our first walk on Christmas Day when you got home! We spent the rest of the day celebrating YOU!
  • Papa Pat, Grandma Barb, Aunt Christine, Uncle Matt and your cousins, Aly and Tate, came to visit after Christmas
  • We spent New Years Eve with Grandma Denise, Papa Bert, Aunt Nana and Uncle Matt. 
  • Aunt Jessica came to visit on New Year's day for a few days 
  • Your best friend Stetson came to see you!

Life is more amazing with you in it, our little love. Can't see what happens in month 2!
outtakes from our 1 month photo shoot. Haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!