Week 26 || Bumpdate


How far along: 26 weeks

Baby's size: He's the size of a head of lettuce this week. About 13.6 to 14. inches from crown to rump, and probably weighs about 2 lbs.

Baby's progress: His eyes are starting to open! He's also taking breaths, which are obviously of amniotic fluid, but it's helping his lungs practice for the outside world. His ears are also more developed, so now he can probably hear Bryan's voice, too. He definitely heard the music at the Ed Sheeran concert on Tuesday!

Weight gain: Since I just wrote a blog about this, I suppose I should be honest. I've gained 30 lbs so far. 13 of those pounds, I gained from August 5 to September 9. WHAT THE HELL. The doctor says baby had a growth spurt (ya think!) and I should try to only gain half a pound  week from here on out. Less carbs, more protein, she says. BORING.

Stretch marks: Nope. Thanks babe!

Sleep: Still not terrible but getting worse. I'm getting up more frequently in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or reposition and I have trouble getting back to sleep.

Gender: LITTLE MAN!

Movement: All the time. He is getting stronger in there, that is for sure!

Best moment this week: We're pretty sure we decided on the baby's name. It's a secret though...sorry! Also my sister was in town for the Ed Sheeran concert and got to feel him kick. The look on her face was priceless.

Looking forward to:  We have our first baby shower this weekend in Iowa City! My girlfriends are hosting a co-shower for me and my two best friends. we're expecting within 3-9 weeks of each other and it'll be so fun! Can't wait to start checking things off my list of things we need, and to see everyone who loves baby so much already.

I also really want Bryan to feel him kick. Every time the baby moves and he puts his hand on my belly, baby stops!

Labor signs: Braxton Hicks like no one's biz. That's it for now, and I'm good with that.

Symptoms: My latest symptom, which is SUPER fun is numbness and tingling in my left pinky and ring finger. Apparently some tissue is swollen in there and compressing my nerves. It's "normal" and highly annoying. Back still hurts and when I get really full,it feels like the skin on my belly is going to break. Good times.

Workouts: Since my doctor told me I've gained too much weight, I'm going as frequently as I can, about 3-4 times a week. 

What I miss: Going to the bathroom without my belly sitting on my thighs and without having to really work to wipe. You're welcome for the visual.

Things that suck: Feeling uncomfortable and less than attractive. It's a daily struggle to keep perspective.

Things that don't suck: I am almost to third trimester...aka home stretch! It's crazy to think I will be "full term" in just 9 weeks, and after that, our baby could come at any time. Everything has gone so fast! We started with 200-some days and now are in the 90s. 

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! And - Im not sure if you love soup, but I swear it helps with less weight gain while pregnant. I ate soup every.single.day! Just a thought. And - if you want a cupcake - get yourself a cupcake! You will lose the weight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love soup! In fact, I made a batch of beef stew on Sunday and have eaten all week. I plan to make big batches on Sundays from here on out and eat with a salad for lunch. That way I can be less strict for dinner! Thanks for the kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!