Go Pack Go!

Monday, we meet again.

This was the weekend I've been waiting for for months on end - MY VERY FIRST PACKERS GAME! I've mentioned it before, that my Grandpa Al Zupek played for the Packers, back in '46. Despite my love for the team coursing through my veins, before this weekend, I'd never been to a game, at Lambeau or otherwise.

Leave it to my dad to make dreams come true. He took me, my sisters, brothers and significant others to the game yesterday, and suffice it to say, we had a blast!


We got in late on Friday night, and based on everyone's intoxication levels, it seemed like the husband and I were about 3 hours late to the party, so we called it an early night. 

Saturday morning, we headed into Appleton to catch the Hawkeye game. 

Despite the pouring rain, we hung outside on the covered patio playing bags, darts, and jumbo Jenga. 


That evening, we went to Dick & Joan's Supper Club for some Old Fashioned's (whiskey, sweet, with olives) and fish. Given that we had been boozing it up all day, it was an early night for all...and an even earlier morning.


It was a noon game, and we were staying about 20 minutes away, so to get ahead of traffic, we took off a little before 8 a.m. It was chilly and cloudy, but we held out hope that the rain would stay off and it'd be a great day for football.



Our prayers were answered! It ended up being the most perfect fall day - sunshine, blue skies, a breeze. It doesn't get better. We tailgated for a few hours and headed into the stadium for kickoff.


Whether or not you're a Packers fan, the experience at Lambeau Field is unlike any other. The fans are die hard, the energy is contagious, and it's just fun. We played the Lions and even better...we won! The game was awesome, and I made sure to get some new duds at the Pro Shop!


And just like that, the weekend was over. We decided to head back to Chicago after the game instead of spending the night. With my new job, missing a day of work the second week just didn't seem like an option.

Thanks to my Dad and Denise, and my wonderful family for an amazing weekend! 

\
Poor Dad got cut from the photo and we didn't even realize it :(

Mingle 240

5 comments:

  1. Aw looks like such a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys all had an awesome time! That is too bad that your dad was cut from such an awesome family photo. Isn't that always the way it goes though!? LOL
    I live in Canada, so we are big on our hockey. So in my mind, if my entire family and significant others went to a hockey game together, I can imagine it would be A LOT of fun. I'm afraid I don't watch football but I know it's huge in the U.S of A. and that the fans are very intense and that tailgating is tons of fun. I would love to go to an NFL game one day, just to have the experience. Bet it's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should put an NFL game on your bucket list! I just started working for a new company and my CEO owns the Chicago Blackhawks, so I'll be a lot more into hockey now! In fact, I got to see the Stanley Cup this morning!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it awesome?!?! I'm a life-long Packer fan too and it's just such an experience. Everyone always says I'm bias, but I honestly think the whole "Lambeau Field" presence is just too much to resist.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!