It's the Great Pumpkin, Liam Albert!

Do you ever feel like you can't get life under control? Like, when do things stop being busy? (When you're dead, I suppose.)

In any case, I do have a few small excuses as to why I haven't been blogging as frequently. For one, I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks, which means things at my current gig have been hectic as I wrap things up. (I have a thing about leaving people in a bad spot). For another, I have been traveling for basically two months. I get home from a trip and spend the week catching up from said trip, then have to leave again. Woe is me, I know. But honestly, it's not always as glamorous as it sounds.

Tomorrow, I am headed to Sausalito, California to see one of my best friends get married! I'm going solo on the trip, so Bryan and Liam will be having a boys weekend here in Chicago! Bryan mentioned he would take Liam to the Pumpkin Patch while I was gone. To which I quickly replied, "Oh no you're not!"

Here's the thing. Literally every fall, I try to get Bryan to go to a pumpkin patch or apple orchard with me. To know me is to know I LOVE fall - everything about it. And he never goes, because he doesn't share my sentiments. So not only is he planing to go on an excursion which he doesn't really care about, he's going to take Liam on his first trip to somewhere I LOVE? Nope. Sorry, it ain't happening.

When we had this discussion, we happened to be home in Iowa visiting my sister and my newest niece: Serena Grace! Isn't she amazing!?

So while we were home, we thought it'd be a great family activity to go see the local pumpkin patch! It had a great play area for kids, a corn maze, and of course, pumpkins. We piled in and headed there with all the grandparents, nieces, nephew and of course, Liam. 

 Everything was a hit, for the most part. Except that it was 80 degrees and Liam was hot. Liam HATES to be hot. So literally, everything we tried to do with him to enjoy this great first time at the pumpkin patch - was met with a screaming child.


Seriously. EVERYTHING. ALL OF THE THINGS.
Lucky for us, there were other children there (my nieces, specifically) who could enjoy all of the offerings of the pumpkin patch, so I spent time with them and handed my fussy child off to the grandparents. :)


In the end, I got my way since I could experience one of my favorite fall activities with my son, and also my parents, in-laws, nieces and nephew. 

Next time though? Because there WILL be a next time. We're going when it's cooler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!