Monday, December 16, 2013

'Tis the Season to Drink With Friends

Happy Sunday, friends. It's been a doozy of a weekend, I've got to say.

It all started on Friday night, when my old co-workers (and current friends) and I got together for a holiday gathering. We met at a nearby bar for some drinks before heading to our friends' house for a Christmas party, where things got wild, fast, so I left fairly early to prepare for Saturday's events.

Saturday was a day I've been waiting for for months! A few of my girlfriends and I bought living social deals to go wine tasting in Michigan for the day--$ 75 paid for transportation to/from Michigan, plus tasting at four wineries up there. It was dumping snow when I woke up, so we were unsure if the trip was on, but sure enough, it was! We bundled up, got our coolers and coffee/whiskey drinks and were on our way!


I had actually been to all of the wineries before when I went this summer with Bryan and for my besties bachelorette, but it was still a blast. Especially with the fresh snow, Christmas decor and coziness of the wineries (and the wine)...it was a perfect day!
We made it back around 7, came back to my place for a (unnecessary) drink and then stopped by a neighborhood bar for a drink. Needless to say, I was in bed and asleep fairly early.

Today, as much as I wanted to, I was unable to lie in bed all day long. Instead, I woke up, had brunch with two good friends I haven't seen in months, got a manicure/pedicure afterwards and after a short nap, my hubs and I went and had dinner. Which brings me to now!
Even though it's 10:30pm, I have to go do some online Christmas shopping. We're leaving on Friday for the holidays and we don't have a single gift! Yeah yeah, I'm the worst.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Mingle 240

2 comments:

  1. The winery tour sounds so fun!! I haven't bought any gifts yet either!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!